Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vacation Log: 1

Well, I arrived in Bozeman last night and thankfully it wasn't completely awful. The flight from Minneapolis to Grand Rapids was late, so we didn't leave until around 8:35 and didn't arrive until 9 (because of the time difference that's). Unfortunately, our flight from Minneapolis to Bozeman was boarding at 9:25. We landed at gate A3 and we had to hike it over to F13. Let me tell you, we couldn't have gotten there faster even if we had run. We made it there in time, thankfully, and we arrived at our destination on time.

I have to say, when we were descending into Montana, the stars were out and extremely bright. I was able to see the Big Dipper perfectly through my window. It was pretty cool. And seeing all the city lights at night was awesome. You know those sets where you can build your own miniature town with cars on the streets and everything? Well while we were descending, it was like I was looking over one of those things and seeing headlight trails as they were on the road.

Since we arrived so late into Bozeman, we didn't do a lot of sight seeing. We just went to Wendy's and got a little something to eat before we went to my aunt and uncle's place in Livingston. It was sixty-seven degrees when we landed and it was a climate shocker from the high eighties it was in Michigan.

Below, I put in some pictures that my dad has taken so far. I hope you like them!

If anyone doesn't know...this is a Moose.


This is my aunt and uncle's farm. They just redid the barn so it's nicely painted and everything.

This is the Diamondback Rattle Snake that my dad almost STEPPED ON!! He says that it didn't even rattle or coil up. He says that it might have been too cold or it had eaten recently and was digesting it. Either way, he was REALLY lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! It sounds like you had quite the adventure! I hope everything is awesome on your trip! Thanks for the updates and the pictures!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete