Friday, August 5, 2011

Vacation Log: 2

Yesterday was a pretty laid back day. After taking a three hour nap to adjust to the time change, mom, dad, my brother, and I went to the gallery that hosts some of my dad's pictures. I have to say that the place looks nicer than I had thought it would be. It was very sophisticated. There is only one other person that takes pictures for the gallery, the other 58 artists are either painters or sculptures. When we walked inside, the lady at the reception desk handed dad a check because he had sold another picture. It was perfect, we walk in somewhere and we get paid for it. Dad was happy. Anyways, most of dad's pictures were located on the bottom level of the place--he has 6 or 7 pictures featured there and they're asking him to let them show another one. It was an extremely nice place, and we're honored that they chose dad's pictures to feature.

 After that, I went to Big Timber, Montana for lunch with the family and Aunt Barb and grandpa. The first place we went too was at the stage in between lunch and dinner. The second place was a Chinese restaurant and we left before they could get us our drinks. The third place was a bar where they had burgers and stuff--more our style--and Cheeseburger soup! It was pretty good actually, which surprised dad and I.

After that, my brother, Jake, and I went with my aunt back to her house and we stopped at one of her friends place to see all the new baby horses they had. Four all together. Three of them were considered buckskins and one of them was a really pale palomino. The owner let us go up and (attempt) to pet them, but the babies were too shy and ran away from Aunt Barb when she got too close. I was able to pet one of their noses for a millisecond before it ducked behind his momma. They were so cute! I don't have up close pictures, but I do have some from farther away.

When we arrived back 'home,' Jake and I brushed Micasa--Aunt Barb's dog. Well, we attempted to brush her. She's a hyper little devil with long hair and thinks she can fit in your lap. I can't tell you what kind of dog she is, but she looks like a slightly smaller, hairier, wolf. She is extremely pretty and loves to have attention. It's because she's so hyper that they have to keep her penned up all the time--which makes me sad because she's almost on the other side of their property (nearly fifty feet from the house). So whenever I see her, I feel guilty when I have to leave her there. It must be because I'm a animal lover. Because of that, I'm going to go down to see her every day we're here.

After brushing Micasa, Jake convinced me to go on the Gator--a large, heavy duty, golf cart. It only goes 35mph, but there's no windshield and no doors. Thankfully there were seat belts and handlebars to keep you in. Jake drove us and we went across the road to see the country side for a little bit. That was more fun than I had thought it would be. Especially with Jake driving. After that, we had dinner and played ping-pong for a few hours. I have to say, I've gotten extremely better than what I was earlier that day, usually Jake was nearly 10-15 points ahead when he won, but now it's closer to 4-5. What fun, lol.

Well, that's all for yesterday. I'll post what's happening today tomorrow morning.


You can see two of the baby horses.

You can see three of the baby horses. Two of them are laying down the other is the blond one looking at the photo.

MICASA!!!

From my aunt and uncle's house.

Picture of the mountains.

A cool painting from the gallery. It was almost $800!

This and the next picture are wood burnings. The artist burnt the image onto a piece of wood. The darker the color, the more it needed to be burned.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a really awesome time!! I am so glad you are enjoying it! You had me worried when I first read that Jake was driving that golf cart thingy. And lunch sounded crazy!!! Love you! And thanks for calling!!

    ReplyDelete