Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vacation Log: 4

Yesterday, we did a lot of driving. We visited two ghost towns, even though one of them still has people living there. The first one was still occupied, and there were only a few buildings that could be considered ghost town material. The second place was in Bannack. In the photos below, I only have photos of the buildings that really interested me. In them, they looked like great scenes for horror movies. With it being a ghost town, I think the whole thing is appropriate.

Then at the end of the day, on our way back to Aunt Barbe's, we saw the greatest rainbow I've ever seen. You don't get rainbows this vibrant in Michigan. To make it even better, it was a double rainbow and one of them was almost a full rainbow because you could see the end of one on the other side of the street.

Because we did a lot of driving, we didn't get to see as much, but we did get a lot of great pictures. Which are below. Today is going to be a day of relaxing so I don't suspect a lot of exciting things happening today. I may just skip tomorrows blog and add it to tomorrows. That way it will be longer and more interesting.

Anyway, have a good day everybody!

This was taken in Marysville. Ghost Town #1


Taken inside a hotel in Bannack. The stains remind me of the scene in The Messengers [featuring Kristen Stewart] when her mom/stepmom tried to get the stain out of the wall in her bedroom.

Picture of the upstairs hallway.

The sweet staircase in the hotel.

Those were the chains that the townspeople used for their mining. Believe me, they're heavier than what they look.

A shot of the town.

This house reminds me of Boo Radley's house in To Kill A Mockingbird.

On the way home.
Picture 1 of the rainbow. You can just see the second rainbow on the right.

I love this picture. I did it myself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Katie!! I thought the same thing about the stained wall as soon as I saw that picture!! How creepy?! It sounds like you really had a ton of fun even if there was a lot of driving! I agree the picture you took of the rainbow is fantastic! I just really love it! Hope you have an awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete