Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Nerves Are A Killer

I've written before that I've finished a book. Well, I sent a query to an agent/agency. I don't know when I'll hear back from them, maybe in a week or so, but...

I'M SO NERVOUS!!!!

I don't really expect to get an answer saying they want to represent my book on the first try. But there's that hope that it will happen. Hahaha, yeah right. I just hope I don't get the rejection letter before finals. That would suck.

Even Stephenie Meyer didn't get an instant acceptance letter. She had to send letters to multiple agents before someone showed interest.

I can only send a letter to one agent at a time. I can't send a query to multiple agents, unless I tell them I am. But chances go down that they'll be interested in it. If this agent doesn't work out, I already have another one in mind. Both of these agencies have represented authors that I read. A coincidence believe me. I thought that must be a sign or something.

*Crosses fingers.

If I get a rejection letter, I probably won't send another right away. I believe I should have my second book more developed before I do that. I have a tendency to get bored with a book after a few months. Then I start/continue another book before going back to the other.

I believe this will change id I actually can get a book published. And that's a big if.

But I have confidence that I will. Sooner or later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie! Have faith! You can do it! I believe in YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete