Friday, November 19, 2010

New Celebrity Status

When I first sent my story to my cousin, I didn't suspect that other people would want to read it. First it was just her roommate, then one of her other friends, then that friend's roommate. Soon, I'm being hounded for more chapters and questions about what's going to happen, who's the bad guy and if he's going to get what's due. I went to stay with my cousin on SAU campus. One of their other friends, that hasn't read the story, asks is I was the Katie that my cousin and co. were talking about.


Embarrassed, thy name is Katie.

I've never been popular in any kind of way in my whole 20 years of life. Family doesn't count. Now I seem to be a hot commodity here in Spring Arbor. Whereas in my hometown, I'm practically invisible. Why, oh why, hadn't I found people like these girls when my self-esteem was low and self-worth was practically nonexistence. I've been more excited in the past 3 weeks than when I open presents on Christmas Day. What does that say about my life? I don't know. I don't like trying to psychoanalyze my life.

1 comment: