Friday, November 19, 2010

The Beginning

Congratulations to me for finally getting a blog! I was coerced into getting one and I finally did it. Thanks to the lovely ladies at Spring Arbor University.

Well, now the question to ask is this: What the hell do I do now?

I guess that would be to explain what I'm doing, going to do, and what I did.


What I did:  For the past few weeks, I've been sending friends and cousins the book that I've been working on for almost a year. This is the first time that anyone would have read it. At first I was nervous, because I thought that I was actually a sucky writer and no one would like what I wrote and it was full of grammatical errors. As it turns out, my stories quite the hot item. I'm on chapter 30 and they're begging for more. You should've seen my face when my cousin e-mailed me for more. I thought that she was just saying that cause I am her cousin and she didn't want to hurt my feelings.  She tells me that she loves it and wants to show her roommate and a few of her friends. I say yes, and now they were on me like white on rice for more.

What I'm going to do:  Well, if I want to keep my skin in place, I'd have better start writing like there is no tomorrow. I love writing, don't get me wrong. I'm just afraid that I'll run out of ideas quickly, or use ones that have already been used. As my cousin, Elise, would say "You can do it!" She has such a way of getting my spirits up. I love her to death!

What I'm going  to do:  My plans for the next few weeks are too finish my story (only 2 more chapters to go!!) and get through Thanksgiving without gaining too much weight from the delicious food my mom makes. Bless her. To get back to the writing aspect, I plan on writing a second book in my series called "Skinned" it's still a title in process, but I think it fits. But predictable at the same time. Let's hope that someone likes my books so my self-esteem will go up from the help of my friends and family.

Here's to hoping!

Over and out.

3 comments:

  1. Katie! your book IS amazing and you should never think otherwise. I love reading it, and when you hold all the chapters away from us.. well that's not very nice :) You know what the stress of cliff hangers can do to already stressed college students. I'm thinking heart attacks.. age 20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katie,

    I think your book is wonderfuls!! I can't wait for the sequel and the threequel, and fourthquel! Give us chapters! Ahem...please ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie!!! I love you so much! You are such an awesome person! You really are an epic writer and I do I love your book! You are so fantastic!!!!


    P.S. I need more chapters of your book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete