Friday, April 15, 2011

Not Guilty!!

So today, I got papers back from one of my classes and on one of them, she said that I plagiarized! I didn't. The only reason I can think of that she would think that I did was either that I used a description that didn't fit right, or that I didn't sight the Bible or the footnotes in the book that the class was ordered to have for the beginning of the class. I mean, WHAT THE HELL?! Then she gave me an "F" on the second paper she gave me and the only explanation she gave me was "Sparknotes"... what the fuck are sparknotes when she barely wrote anything on my paper! 

All day, while I was at work, I remembered what she said about what she did to people she accuses of plagiarizing. That they failed her course or she reported them to the school board or whatever they call it at OC. I worried myself sick because I need that class and I would have to take it over with her again. If I do have to, well, I plan on taking it from another school online so I don't have to deal with her.

I mean  GODDAMMIT!!! I don't need this today!

Then I had my employee evaluation with my boss and her boss. Apparently, I did a great job this year, but there's no way that I could be promoted because all the positions are already full. I understand that. Then they said that the job that I have was originally meant for high school girls 15-16 years old. (My thoughts: am I being fired?) They told me that it was their way to give kids the opportunity to get a positive job experience. The boss boss kept telling me that he's happy to write me a letter of recommendation. (Inner monologue: Is this a hint hint?) Then they said that it would be seen as a good thing on my resume if I had other experiences that would help with my Library Science background.  (Inner monologue: AM I BEING FIRED/LAID OFF?!?!?!)

"We aren't firing you, Katie. We don't want you to feel like we're trying to get rid of you..."

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I probably will have another job by the summer. I'm thinking either Bed, Bath & Beyond or CVS. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kaite! I hope you understand everything that that means. My poor dear!

    ReplyDelete