Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First Crack At Poetry

So I was sitting in class today, and suddenly I was hit with the first two lines of my poem. I've never written a poem before, so this is a whole knew thing. If you hate it, tell me why. If you like it, tell me why. I want to know because I'm going to be taking a poetry writing class this summer so I need to know what to work on.

There are two poems that I am posting. The second one was just from an image I had in my mind while I as sitting in that same class as when I wrote the other one. I don't have a name for the second one yet, so I'll but a divide between the two so you'll know.



My Friends

I am surrounded by a sea of faces,
Yet none of them know me.

I know them, was once friends with them,
Yet none of them recognize me.

I remember laughing, crying, spending time with them,
Yet they don't seem to remember.

I watch us break apart, them pulling away,
Yet I try to swim out to them.

Why must we part? Was it something I did?
Only I know the answer.


--------------------------------------

[Unnamed]

Green eyes,
Emerald eyes,
Sparkling in the sun.

Olive skin,
Soft skin,
Caressed by her dress.

Fiery hair,
Long hair,
Blowing in the wind.

Small feet,
Dainty feet,
Hugged the building's edge.

Small smile,
Sinister smile,
Spreading over her face as she leaned forward.

Rose colored,
Slowly spreading,
The last pedal fell.





So? Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie! I like them!! The first one makes me want to cry, I feel like I can relate to it so much. Sometimes life is so sucky.
    I am confused by the second one. Is she going to jump? or did she? and why?
    Excellent first try! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete