Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nearing the end...

So there is only a few more weeks till my birthday, then after that are finals. I believe I have a week off before I had my ILT [Intensive Learning Term] which is just 3 weeks long. Then a break before I have a summer class that starts at the beginning of June and ends just after the fourth of July. Sigh. I can't wait for classes to end so I can take all the time I want just doing what I want.

I'm tired of doing all this writing for other people that I don't really have time to write for me. I miss it. I have plenty of ideas in my head that I want to write down and hope to elaborate on later, but once i sit in front of my computer, I'm consumed by all the writing homework that I have to do that I either forget about what I was going to do, or I just don't have the energy to do it. It makes me feel bad for those who I send my writing too. They have been great, the best, but I haven't sent them anything in a very long time.

But there's one good thing that comes out of all this homework, I don't have time to do some online shopping. lol. Since my cousin, Elise, got me hooked on Half.com, I seem to be shopping there all the time, especially around the holidays. Now I know where I'm going to get my families gifts if it's something that is available there. Out of all the stuff that I own, movie wise, I've bought 80%-90% from Half.com. Pathetic, don't you think?

The other sight that I'm addicted on for online shopping is Barnes & Noble. Not that I own the Nook, I've been looking up books to buy and pre-order (pre-ordering in SOOOO much easier now). Since I've first had the Nook in December until now, I've bought 30 some books. When I was buying them in paperbacks/hardcovers, I'd be lucky to get one or two every two months. Yeah, that's a huge increase. But surprising enough, I have stayed as a comfortable steady money level since I don't spend money on gas every other week or so, it's rather every 3 weeks now since I don't have classes on Mondays of Fridays.

That's going to change next semester when I have classes every day. Yippy.

Why can't it be July yet?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes you just want to quit the present and skip to the future. Hehehe, sorry about getting you addicted to Half...but you did get me hooked on the Big Bang Theory :D And I know exactly what you mean about not having time for what you really want to do. I have not posted on my blog since March 15th! It's awful!! Ahh! What is the world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete