Saturday, September 3, 2011

Future Travels

Lately I've been thinking about traveling. Mostly I'm thinking about going to Italy, Croatia, England, France, St. Petersburg. These are just the few in the long list that I have going. I know that almost every country, and city, on that list is practically clique. Except for Croatia. That one I know probably surprised a few of you. Well, I've been reading up on some of the sights there and a lot has really caught my attention.

Here in the States, I've gone to A LOT of National Parks, so when I see that other countries have them, I would gladly jump at the chance to be able to go there and explore areas that I've never been too. Croatia has eight NPs and I'm interested in going to, Plitvice Lakes, and Mljet. Wanna know why? Below are two pictures of the falls at Plitvice:







Now do you know why I want to go there? It looks absolutely beautiful there. From what I was looking at prices, 1 US dollar equals almost 5.50 kunas (croatian currency). So it's less expensive to go there than it is London. I've compiled a list of the places in Croatia that I would like to go, other than the parks. There are actually art museums that I'm really interested in going too. Surprising really, since I'm not really into museums here, especially art museums.

But then again, I REALLY want to go to the British Museum, even if I'm only there for a day or two, that would be where I would spend most of my time. I guess I'm interested in history, as long as it isn't American History.

If I won the lottery, a few million dollars maybe, I would travel to all the places that I've been wanting to go to for a while. I would make it as inexpensive as possible so I can save what's left to go again later. Would I travel alone? Most likely. That way, I won't have to worry about what other people want to do while I just take in the scenery for a little while.  That, and I can take my time while in the museums and such. My family will tell you, I can stand to be on my own more than others.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! But do you have to go alone?! I could come along and keep you out of trouble...well some of it anyway. lol

    That does look lovely! What is the weather like there?

    ReplyDelete